A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Dr. Jason McKinnon
G’Day and welcome to Branchville Elementary School! Branchville students, ranging from kindergarten through fifth grade, benefit from a rigorous academic program and an exciting extracurricular program. At Branchville, students are engaged by a talented faculty, comprising of experienced classroom teachers and support personnel.
Despite high student achievement, Branchville School continues to be forward looking as we persistently seek ways to refine instructional improvements according to student data. Teachers use the most recent initiatives, such as balanced literacy techniques, and other research-based methods to meet the learning needs of all students. We systematically track student progress throughout the year and can differentiate instruction to maximize learning.
The focus on student achievement and growth is well known at Branchville, but we also emphasize the social development of our students with the Responsive Classroom program. Currently, all teachers are being trained in Responsive Classroom techniques which embed practical strategies for bringing together social and academic learning.
The Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) is always looking for new members. This active body supports school programs through funding for teaching mini-grants and underwriting of enrichment experiences for students. They provide before and after school activities that includes Chess Club, Foreign Language Club, a writing program, author programs, a school newspaper, a literacy magazine, and various special events such as Diversity Day, Family Math Night, and Family Art Night.
Branchville’s motto is Educating Everyone Takes Everyone! This saying encompasses the belief that teachers, staff, parents, students, and the community, must work as a team to deliver a cohesive program for the educational and social development of our students. Our vision, therefore, is to work together to inspire a love of learning in an environment of acceptance, responsibility, and respect.
If you would like additional information, please visit Branchville or contact our office.
- CURRICULUM NEWS & K-6 MATH UPDATES Posted: Thu, May 2, 2013 In response to the demands of Common Core State Standards (CCSS), the district will be changing content, sequence and instructional...
- RPS SECURITY UPDATE Posted: Tue, April 2, 2013 School Security Update- April 1, 2013
- WEATHER RELATED DELAYS, EARLY DISMISSALS & CLOSINGS Posted: Mon, February 11, 2013 During the winter season there may be reason to delay, close or dismiss schools early. Click HERE to learn of...
- RESOURCES FOR HELPING TO DEAL WITH SCHOOL TRAGEDY Posted: Sun, December 16, 2012 Shared by the Connecticut Association of Schools (CAS)
- RESOURCES TO HELP PARENTS & CHILDREN COPE Posted: Fri, December 14, 2012 The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) offers resources to help parents, children and other cope in the aftermath of...