A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Dr. Jason McKinnon
G’Day and welcome to Branchville Elementary School! Branchville students, ranging from kindergarten through fifth grade, benefit from a rigorous academic program and an exciting extracurricular program. At Branchville, students are engaged by a talented faculty, comprising of experienced classroom teachers and support personnel.
Despite high student achievement, Branchville School continues to be forward looking as we persistently seek ways to refine instructional improvements according to student data. Teachers use the most recent initiatives, such as balanced literacy techniques, and other research-based methods to meet the learning needs of all students. We systematically track student progress throughout the year and can differentiate instruction to maximize learning.
The focus on student achievement and growth is well known at Branchville, but we also emphasize the social development of our students with the Responsive Classroom program. Currently, all teachers are being trained in Responsive Classroom techniques which embed practical strategies for bringing together social and academic learning.
The Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) is always looking for new members. This active body supports school programs through funding for teaching mini-grants and underwriting of enrichment experiences for students. They provide before and after school activities that includes Chess Club, Foreign Language Club, a writing program, author programs, a school newspaper, a literacy magazine, and various special events such as Diversity Day, Family Math Night, and Family Art Night.
Branchville’s motto is Educating Everyone Takes Everyone! This saying encompasses the belief that teachers, staff, parents, students, and the community, must work as a team to deliver a cohesive program for the educational and social development of our students. Our vision, therefore, is to work together to inspire a love of learning in an environment of acceptance, responsibility, and respect.
If you would like additional information, please visit Branchville or contact our office.
- IMPORTANT POWERSCHOOL LINKS and MORE Posted: Fri, September 6, 2013 IMPORTANT POWERSCHOOL LINKS and MORE Welcome back! We are looking forward to the start of school. There are upgrades to several...
- LunchTime Updated Information Posted: Fri, November 15, 2013 We are recovering from a significant server issue resulting in the loss of some data used by the LunchTime system.
- Parent Portal Deadline Extended to October 31st Posted: Mon, October 14, 2013 The Parent Portal Form deadline has been extended to October 31st. Please remember to return your signed Parent Portal Agreement...
- PowerSchool Portal Feature Availability Posted: Fri, November 15, 2013 Thank you for your patience as we establish the new PowerSchool system in our district.
- THE COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS Posted: Wed, November 23, 2011 With unanimous vote, the CTState Board of Education adopted new national academic standards, known as The Common Core State Standards...