The Ridgefield Public Schools are committed to supporting the professional growth of our teachers. A comprehensive program of professional development opportunities is designed to accommodate the learning needs of teachers at all career stages.
Support for Novice Teachers
For new teachers, the program includes:
- two orientation days
- ongoing curriculum and instructional strategies training
- building based mentoring
Opportunities for Experienced Teachers
Our Academy program includes workshops and courses on:
- school climate
In addition, teachers can design their own professional development experiences through study groups and independent projects.
Opportunities for salary advancement and Professional Leadership
Teachers can receive credit toward salary step increases for:
- participation in BEST mentor training
- district-sponsored workshops or study groups of five hours or more
Payment for teachers that:
- participate as mentors in the BEST program
- conduct professional development workshops or courses
Reimbursement for teachers that:
- attend district-approved workshops and conferences
- participate in district-approved train-the-trainer programs
Our professional development program promotes collegiality, creativity and excellence for all Ridgefield Public Schools educators.