Registration Information


 Residency Information and Verification      

Prior to registering a child in Ridgefield Public School, proof of residency in the Town of Ridgefield is required.  Permanent residency (physical presence with intent to remain) in Ridgefield is the primary requirement to enroll in Ridgefield Public Schools.  A land owner, tax payer, or business owner does not confer residency privileges for school enrollment purposes.

Residency verification is required of ALL students enrolled and new to Ridgefield Public Schools. 

ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF RESIDENCY requires each of the following:

Photo Identification:  Valid driver's license, unexpired passport or Connecticut issued   identification card.

Purchased property:  Ridgefield tax bill, mortgage statement, or warranty deed.

Leased property:  Current lease/rental agreement signed by tenant and landlord, including a current landlord phone number and leasing period.

Two utility bills:  Cable television, water, electric, gas, oil, propane, garbage, and landline telephone are all acceptable utility bills.  All documents must include the same name and address.

Address changes:  Registration at Central Office must be presented with new proof of residency when an address change is made within the Town of Ridgefield.

Registration appointments are scheduled by email or phone with the Registration office, located at 70 Prospect Street.  Please contact Central Office or by phone, 203-894-5551.  The Registration Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:15 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.

Registration Documents: The following documents are required to register your child:

1.  Student's original birth certificate or unexpired passport

2.  Parent Photo ID such as valid driver's license, unexpired passport or CT identification card

3.  Proof of residence (see residency verification above)

4.  Two utility bills (see residency verification above)

5.  Ridgefield Public Schools registration form

6.  Connecticut Health Assessment Record

7.  Proof of legal guardianship, if applicable

8.  Proof of legal custody, if applicable

9.  Most recent school records, including report cards, Special Education IEP, transcripts, report cards, if available.

Upon verification of required documents, the student will be pre-enrolled in the district.  The student will not be formally enrolled until the district school nurse confirms CT health compliancy.

In addition to the CT Health Assessment Record, the following immunization requirements and health forms are available if applicable to your child:

Authorization for the Administration of Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen

Authorization for Administration of Specialized Procedures

CT Immunization requirements 2013-2014

CT Immunization requirements 2014-2015  

HUSKY Form-English

HUSKY Form-Spanish

Diabetes Management Plan

Severe Allergy Emergency Health Care Plan

Student Asthma Information Form

Student Seizure Information Form

In some cases, families would like their children to attend school in Ridgefield prior to the closing on their new Ridgefield property.  This may be allowed under certain circumstances stated below, and as pursuant to BOE policy #5117.1.

1.  Future residents are to provide a contract of purchase with closing date or a dated rental agreement.  This contract/agreement must be signed and dated by both parties.

2.  Future residents must apply for admission in writing (via email) to the Superintendent's office.  This email should include information such as closing date, reason for late closing, temporary address until property closing, student's names, birth dates, school grade and anticipated district school.  Additional information or documentation may be requested by the Registration Office or Superintendent's Office.

3.  Future closing date/agreement date must be within 45 days of application to the Superintendent.  Closings after 45 days of request may incur the payment of Out of District tuition.