A Message to Parents from Marty Fiedler, Principal
Welcome to our website, where you will find a wealth of useful material - whether you're seeking specific information that relates to your child or general information about East Ridge.
Our school serves 773 students in grades 6-8. We believe in the team approach to teaching, so each grade has three teams and each team has one teacher in each of the four core subjects: math, social studies, science, and English.Teaming lets us divide a large grade into smaller learning communities. Students benefit from belonging to a small group, and team teachers have the opportunity to meet regularly to discuss student achievements and challenges, and to plan activities, field trips and co-curricular lessons.
Each grade has an assistant principal and a guidance counselor. The assistant principal and guidance counselor oversee the same group of students for three years. This ensures continuity for students and staff.
Middle-level students require a range of academic, social, co-curricular, and extra-curricular experiences. We offer stimulating and developmentally appropriate academic programs, which include a variety of subjects and opportunities to meet our students' diverse needs and desires.
- IMPORTANT POWERSCHOOL LINKS and MORE Posted: Fri, September 6, 2013 IMPORTANT POWERSCHOOL LINKS and MORE Welcome back! We are looking forward to the start of school. There are upgrades to several...
- LunchTime Updated Information Posted: Fri, November 15, 2013 We are recovering from a significant server issue resulting in the loss of some data used by the LunchTime system.
- Parent Portal Deadline Extended to October 31st Posted: Mon, October 14, 2013 The Parent Portal Form deadline has been extended to October 31st. Please remember to return your signed Parent Portal Agreement...
- PowerSchool Portal Feature Availability Posted: Fri, November 15, 2013 Thank you for your patience as we establish the new PowerSchool system in our district.
- THE COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS Posted: Wed, November 23, 2011 With unanimous vote, the CTState Board of Education adopted new national academic standards, known as The Common Core State Standards...