A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Welcome to Ridgebury Elementary School! Ridgebury School is located in the Northwest corner of Ridgefield, Connecticut. The school was built in 1962 and underwent a major renovation and expansion in 2003. Today, Ridgebury has an enrollment of approximately 410 students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
Ridgebury is one of six elementary schools in a district that prides itself on delivering a rigorous curriculum, differentiated instruction to best meet our student’s needs, and encouraging our students to become active participants in their own learning.
Ridgebury School is a community of learners where everyone, staff and students alike, are encouraged to challenge themselves to grow intellectually and as citizens of the world.
Our PTA is involved and active in supporting our school mission. The PTA sponsors many wonderful events including the annual Family Picnic and our Book Fair. Parents can be found volunteering their time in our library and classrooms to help enrich our programs.
In addition to our challenging curriculum, Ridgebury offers multiple opportunities for students to participate in after school enrichment programs as well as cultural and theatrical performances. Students are also given opportunities to serve the community in such activities as, participating in sandwich making for the Dorothy Day Soup Kitchen and the annual Jumpathon to support the American Heart Association.
We are proud of our school and our students. Please come visit in person or on the Web. You are always welcome at Ridgebury!
- CURRICULUM NEWS & K-6 MATH UPDATES Posted: Thu, May 2, 2013 In response to the demands of Common Core State Standards (CCSS), the district will be changing content, sequence and instructional...
- RPS SECURITY UPDATE Posted: Tue, April 2, 2013 School Security Update- April 1, 2013
- WEATHER RELATED DELAYS, EARLY DISMISSALS & CLOSINGS Posted: Mon, February 11, 2013 During the winter season there may be reason to delay, close or dismiss schools early. Click HERE to learn of...
- RESOURCES FOR HELPING TO DEAL WITH SCHOOL TRAGEDY Posted: Sun, December 16, 2012 Shared by the Connecticut Association of Schools (CAS)
- RESOURCES TO HELP PARENTS & CHILDREN COPE Posted: Fri, December 14, 2012 The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) offers resources to help parents, children and other cope in the aftermath of...