RHS ATHLETICS PROGRAM
Athletics are an essential part of the total educational program at Ridgefield High School. The RHS athletics philosophy is compatible with the school's academic mission. Student athletes demonstrate that a pursuit of excellence on the playing field, coupled with the pursuit of excellence in the classroom leads to a complete educational experience. The Athletics Department is committed to a well-organized, dynamic interscholastic sports program that strives for achievement and excellence. RHS provides athletic programs that are comprehensive and balanced, offering athletic opportunities for all students. Click on the Athletics Program Information link below to view or print a list of our seasonal sports offerings and registration details.
RHS SPORTS REGISTRATION
To participate on a Ridgefield High School Interscholastic Team at the Varsity, Junior Varsity or Freshman level, the following forms are required. Please be aware that students may not participate in any try-outs, practices or contests unless we have these forms filled out completely and correctly, and turned in to the Athletics Office – NO EXCEPTIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The Athletics Office is open from 7:30am to 3:00pm each day that school is open. Please allow at least 48 hours for your forms to be processed. Coaches are not permitted to accept registration forms from student athletes or parents.
- Athletic forms are NOT mailed home – Click on the links below to download
- For a list of Teams and start dates - Click on the 'Athletics Program Information' link below
- To view a more detailed game/practice schedule - Go to the Athletics Home page and click on the appropriate link at the top of the page
(1) Athletics Physical Examination Form - A physical exam and updated form is required every year: A yearly physical examination is required to participate in the RHS athletics program. The RHS Physical Exam form must be completed by your medical provider and filed in the RHS Health Office. NOTE: Physical exams are valid for 13 months from the date of the exam, at which time you MUST have a new examination and file a new form in the athletics office. This form must be signed and stamped by the health care provider.
(2) Parent/Guardian Medical Treatment Consent Form - A new consent form must be submitted every sports season: The purpose of this form is to provide emergency contact and medical information (e.g. conditions and/or allergies), as well as grant permission to treat in case of emergency. This form must be completed and signed by the student athlete’s parent/guardian.
(3) Student/Parent Agreement Form - A new Agreement must be submitted once every school year: The Student/Parent Agreement is for both the student and parent/guardian to acknowledge that they have read the RHS Student-Parent Handbook and agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Athletics Department. Also, the parent/guardian is granting permission for the student to participate in that sport. This form must be signed by both the student and parent/guardian.
(4) Participation Fee Form: The Participation form must accompany the athletics participation fee. At this time, the participation fees are as follows:
$225.00 per sport—For All Grade Levels (9-12)
NOTE: Please anticipate a minimum of 48 hours from the time athletic forms are turned in before they are processed and approval for sports participation is granted. We strongly encourage that you not wait until the first day of practice to turn in the above required forms.
ATHLETIC FORMS FOR THE 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR...
Click here to download the additional forms that are required to participate on the Ski Team:
CISL Registration Form
CISL Racing Rules
CISL Mt. Southington Racing Waiver Release