Some helpful hints about reading......
1. "Just Right" books should be brought home each night in your plastic book bag. In that bag you should keep your reader's response journal, post-its and a pencil. This way your are all ready to post when you are at home.
2. When you are finished reading you should fill out your reading log. Your reading log should be kept somewhere safe and handy (take home folder, your desk at home, your plastic book bag). Reading logs are handed out on Mondays and handed in the next Monday. Once you are have completed it ask Mom or Dad sign it. Don't forget to put it in your "take home" folder so it makes it to school on Monday.
3. NO book hopping!!! Once you start a book, stick with it. You should not be independently reading more than one book at a time. Take your time and enjoy one book.
4. Read alouds are a great way to read books that you are not quite ready to read on your own yet. This would be a great way for you and your parents to read together. A read aloud should be read to you by Mom or Dad and then discussed before, after and during the book. What fun!
5. Reread the chapters in your book, poems or songs to practice fluency and expression. If you've made a mistake go back and fix it. Pay attention to punctuation marks!