Timothy J. Salem
Welcome to Scotts Ridge Middle School! I am excited to join in a partnership with faculty and parents to provide our students with a rewarding middle school experience.
Scotts Ridge Middle School has cultivated an atmosphere that celebrates individuality, promotes acceptance and facilitates understanding within our middle school culture. Students undergo a series of changes physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually during adolescence. Our school fosters a caring, student-centered environment to address the unique needs of children in grades six through eight.
The teamed approach to teaching and learning enriches the curriculum by allowing our talented teachers to plan creative lessons that are both engaging and intellectually challenging. Within this team approach, we also encourage students to use their unique "fingerprints" to add their special contributions to the SRMS community.
Our mission is to instill a love for learning, which enables students to become problem-solvers and critical thinkers who are unafraid to ask questions and seek solutions. As partners in this endeavor, we welcome your input, comments and suggestions. Thank you for joining us on this important journey.
- IMPORTANT POWERSCHOOL LINKS and MORE Posted: Fri, September 6, 2013 IMPORTANT POWERSCHOOL LINKS and MORE Welcome back! We are looking forward to the start of school. There are upgrades to several...
- LunchTime Updated Information Posted: Fri, November 15, 2013 We are recovering from a significant server issue resulting in the loss of some data used by the LunchTime system.
- Parent Portal Deadline Extended to October 31st Posted: Mon, October 14, 2013 The Parent Portal Form deadline has been extended to October 31st. Please remember to return your signed Parent Portal Agreement...
- PowerSchool Portal Feature Availability Posted: Fri, November 15, 2013 Thank you for your patience as we establish the new PowerSchool system in our district.
- THE COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS Posted: Wed, November 23, 2011 With unanimous vote, the CTState Board of Education adopted new national academic standards, known as The Common Core State Standards...