Ridgefield Public Schools
Our standard is excellence for children in partnership with parents and the community

Registration & Immunizations

Congratulations on your decision to enroll your child at one of the schools in our great district. Whether your child is entering school for the first time or is transferring from another district, we have all the necessary information and forms here for your convenience. Welcome!


Prior to registering a child in Ridgefield Public Schools, we require proof of residency in the Town of Ridgefield. Permanent residency (physical presence with intent to remain) in Ridgefield is the primary requirement to enroll in Ridgefield Public Schools. A land owner, taxpayer, or business owner does not confer residency privileges for school enrollment purposes.

We must verify residency of all students enrolled and new to Ridgefield Public Schools.

Kindergarten Registration

All children who reach the age of five (5) on or before January 2017 are eligible for enrollment. Under Connecticut State Statutes, it is mandatory that children begin school at age five. Any parent who chooses to exempt his/her child from kindergarten must meet with the local school principal to complete the appropriate exemption papers.

Registration Documents

If you would like to register your child, please make an appointment with the registrar at our district office and bring the following required documents:

  • Student's original birth certificate or unexpired passport
  • Parent photo ID, such as valid driver's license, unexpired passport, or CT identification card
  • Proof of residence 
  • Two utility bills 
  • Ridgefield Public Schools registration form
  • Connecticut Health Assessment Record (all incoming students must have had a physical exam within 12 months of starting in RPS)
  • Proof of legal guardianship, if applicable
  • Proof of legal custody, if applicable
  • Most recent school records, including report cards, Special Education IEP, transcripts, and report cards if available.

Upon verification of required documents, the student will be pre-enrolled in the district. We will not formally enroll the student until the district school nurse confirms Connecticut state health compliancy.

Acceptable Proof of Residency

Acceptable proof of residency requires each of the following:

  • Parent photo identification: Valid driver's license, unexpired passport, or Connecticut issued identification card
  • Purchased property: Ridgefield tax bill, mortgage statement, or warranty deed
  • Leased property: Current lease/rental agreement signed by tenant and landlord, including a current landlord phone number and leasing period
  • Two utility bills: cable television, water, electric, gas, oil, propane, garbage, and landline telephone
  • All documents must include the same name and address.
  • Address changes: Registration at Central Office must be presented with new proof of residency when an address change is made within the Town of Ridgefield.