Our Board of Education
The Ridgefield Public Schools Board of Education is proud of its educational program and the high standards set for our students, faculty, and support staff and is committed to improving communication between the school system and the residents of Ridgefield. We welcome your suggestions for information you would like to see on our website and encourage your involvement in our schools. Working together, we can ensure the successful future of our schools.
If you'd like to contact an individual member or the full board, you are welcome to send an email. All emails sent to the Board of Education or individual members are discoverable and not private.
Ridgefield Public Schools operates within our adopted acceptable use policy, responsible use, digital citizenship, and ethical standards.
BOE regular meetings are the second and fourth Monday of each month except for the month of July and when Monday is a holiday. Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. and take place in the main conference room of the Town Annex at 66 Prospect Street, unless otherwise noted on the meeting agenda. Special meetings are throughout the year, as needed.
Meet our Board
Pictured (left to right) is Corina Borgia-Drake, James Keidel, Sharon D'Orso, Frances Walton, Kathleen Holz, Tracey O'Connor, Jonathan Steckler, and Margaret Stamatis (not pictured, Doug Silver).
Please email the full Board of Education using firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOE Committees and Representatives
Budget & Finance
Chair, Doug Silver
Carina Borgia Drake
Chair, Sharon D'Orso
Strategic Planning & Advocacy
Chair, Jonathan Steckler
Chair, Tracey O'Connor
Chair, Carina Borgia-Drake
The Board of Education provides representation on the following town-wide committees:
- PTA Council Liaison - Sharon D’Orso
- Cooperative Educational Services (CES) Representative - Margaret Stamatis
- Food Service and Wellness Committee Representative - Tracey O’Connor
- Athletic Advisory Council, Fields Scheduling, Parks & Rec Representative - Margaret Stamatis
- Ridgefield Education Foundation (REF) Representative - TBA
- Legislative Representative - Frances Walton
- Connecticut Association of Boards of Education (CABE) Representative - Margaret Stamatis
- Prevention Council - TBD
- The Ridgefield Community Coalition Against Substance Abuse (RCCASSA) - Kathleen Holz