Learn More About Our District
We are Ridgefield Public Schools, and our students are the pulse of this community. As educators and community members, we work together to create an environment that promotes a desire to learn and succeed. See how we do it here.
Ridgefield Public Schools provides engaging, relevant, and personalized learning experiences so all students can pursue their interests and prepare for life, learning, and work as global citizens.
To accomplish this mission, our community including educators, students, and parents will partner to:
- Foster academic, social, and emotional growth for all students.
- Promote wellness of body and mind.
- Build an inclusive climate of trust, safety, and respect.
- Value diversity by cultivating global competencies.
- Attract, support, and retain talented educators who embrace continuous learning.
RPS Vision of a successful graduate
- Critical, creative, and innovative thinking
- Rigorous, complex, and authentic problem solving
- Collaboration and cooperation
- Clear and precise communication for a variety of purposes, audiences, and media
- Digital, information, and media literacy
- Self-direction and independence
- Empathy and respect
- Mindfulness of various cultures and perspectives
- Leadership, service, and mentorship of others
- Resilience in the midst of failure or frustration
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Intellectual risk taking
- Self-reflection, self-awareness, self-advocacy, and healthy decision making